Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sydney-isms

Sydney says a lot of crazy stuff sometimes, and she'll repeat a lot of things we say. Jason and I laugh and keep commenting on how we need to document some of the things she says, so here we are. If you're not interested in toddler ramblings, I suggest you stop reading now. However, I know some of you will enjoy them.(I'm sure this is only a partial list, I'm having a hard time thinking of more, but you get the point)
  • "Come on guys!" When you ask what daddy is doing, this is usually the response. She used to say basketball, but it evolved.
  • "Fafall Sydney, a fall" =Careful Sydney, don't fall. I used to say it when she looked wobbly on a chair or when she was climbing. Now she says it herself when she starts to wobble.
  • "Mommy, Daddy, Sydney, Family!" We're trying to add baby brother into that, but maybe that will have to wait until she sees him and he has a name.
  • "James, Jenny, Dean, Baby Jane, Fun!" Anytime we mention playing, she launches into her favorite people to play with. The other common response is "Dean house. Fun."
  • "Wassat?"=what's that.
  • "White dair!"= Right there.
  • "I funny, silly, so funny"
  • "Clean up a body!"=Clean up everybody. We're not sure where she got this from, but we assume nursery since I don't sing the clean up song at home.
  • "Okey dokey"  This one comes from LeapFrog movies and she loves to say it when we get in the car(because that's when the frog in the movie does)
  • "Gob Sydney"= Good Job Sydney. When she does something she knows is really good, she'll say it.
She is still pretty in love with Tangled and still calls it 'Horsey movie'. When she watches it, she tells me what's going on, especially when the King is crying before lighting the lanterns. She says "Daddy sad, baby" ever since I told her the daddy was sad because he missed his baby. She also fights getting her hair done unless I sit her on Jason's sink and sing the magic song from the movie.
Sydney has always been into books, but even more now. She loves to be read to, but also likes reading the ones she knows. We are always amazed at the things she's learned.
She knows all the sounds of the letters now, and when I asked her what c-a-t spelled the other day she promptly replied "Cat!" She learned it(and several other words) from a LeapFrog video.
Sydney's also gotten quite into singing. She loves to sit on the computer desk, facing the window, and she uses the window sill as a piano and belts out all kinds of songs. I don't have the slightest idea what she's saying, thought occasionally I catch a word here and there. I got this one of her last week at the table. It makes me happy.

3 comments:

  1. Kids say cute comments especially Sydney! :D Yay for books and piano! She's my type of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll! I love the sayings! so great to document them. And her sitting and singing to herself is adorable! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The things kids say are pretty much the sweetest things ever!

    ReplyDelete