We haven't been up to much in the last couple of weeks, but the one thing I've consistently done is nest. I don't know why I want to be so much more productive in this pregnancy. Maybe it's because Boyo isn't down as low as Sydney was, enabling to me to move around so much more. Pinterest has become a very bad influence in my nesting. There are so many cool ideas that make me want to go organize/paint/buy/craft crazy. One thing that I couldn't resist doing was a new Menu board for our kitchen. I was using a picture frame and just wrote down with a dry erase marker what we were going to eat for the next week. But coming up with those meals drove me nuts. I could never remember what recipes we liked. Jason would come home from work on Fridays to find me with a pile of cookbooks, my notepad for my shopping list, and the frame to write the meals on. And every time I would ask "What do you want for dinner this week?" It was getting to be a pain. So then I found this beauty on Pinterest and had to do it:
She typed up her meals(with ingredients on the back), laminated them and mounted it. I wasn't crazy about the clothes pins, so I tweaked mine a bit. Now, mine's not done. I'm still tweaking, but I'm pretty excited for the finished product.
I found a magnetic dry erase board at Target with coordinating days of the week magnets. I typed up all the meals we regularly eat, printed them out, and will get them laminated one of these days. The only other thing I really need is a little box to glue on to keep all my other recipes(like the inspiration one). They're currently sitting on my counter. But by the time I get it all done, it should be glorious!
The other thing I've been working on is Sydney's new big girl room. We had some black Ikea dressers from when we first got married, so I figured instead of getting rid of them and buying a new one, why not paint them. So Saturday, I finally talked Jason into a trip to Lowe's to get supplies. I actually found A LOT of stuff I wanted but Jason wasn't so thrilled about taking on too much at once. (I tried explaining that I only have 3 months to get not one room, but 2 done this time. Oh well. I'll get it all done.) We decided to paint both of the dressers, use one for Sydney's room, and one in the guest room.
Sydney vegged out on our bed while we painted.I had my 27 week appointment yesterday. Baby is still growing quite well. We think he's head down, but he's still little enough I don't necessarily expect him to stay that way for 12 weeks. I think I'm much bigger than I ended up being with Sydney by the end.
Anyway, there's still a lot more I want to do in the next 12 weeks, so I'm hoping my energy doesn't run out. One thing I had forgotten is nesting is EXHAUSTING!!
I LOVE the menu board! I also saw it on pintrest and want to make one also. I think yours is better. Also could Syd be any cuter?!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea on the menu/memo board! The dresser looks great! And you are definitely poking out there more, but the rest of you is sooo tiny!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great menu board idea! Way to go painting your dressers, that white is totally my style. I love your belly pics, so cute. I feel bigger with each baby, but when I look back at the pictures I don't think it's really true.
ReplyDelete