Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mall fun

Last weekend, we were going to take Sydney to the Ranch we went to last year, but I didn't realize they closed early on Fridays, so we came up with a plan B. I had had a dream a few nights earlier about Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and was craving an apple and other goodies, so I talked Jason into going down to my favorite outlet mall, where they happened to have a store. Sydney also really likes the play area at that mall and an outdoor/sporting goods store for Jason, so it was win-win-win. 
After we had gotten my chocolate, looked at guns, and bought Syd some church shoes, we headed to the play area. The mall has a trackless train that drives around, and every time Sydney hears it while at the play place, she runs to go see it, so we decided it would be fun to let her ride it. She sat quietly on the bench and didn't hardly move the whole time. Jason tried to sit her on his lap so she could see better, but she wanted to sit by herself.
 Someone please tell me when she got so grown up looking! Is it the hair?
 For some reason, she kept pushing her bottom jaw out all weekend. I don't know why she did it, but it was driving me crazy!
 After we got off the train, she was wandering the food court and found the 'neigh'. So Jason had a little cash left and took her for a ride on the carousel. Jason would point me out as they came around.
 Then she would wave until they were on the other side, and the process was repeated until the ride ended.
 What a cute little grown up miss!
Syd's vocabulary has really grown lately. She'll try to say just about anything. Her favorites to say are 'Mommy', 'Daddy', and 'Dean come'. From the time she started saying things, we have never been mommy and daddy. She always always said mom and dad. It's kind of cute to hear her say it a new way in her cute little voice. 'Dean come' was apparently her way of saying she wanted to play with Dean. I heard it all last week, multiple times a day, so we finally went to play with Dean yesterday. She was so happy. She talked to me about him quite a bit last night while I was trying to get her to sleep. Hopefully I can get some video of her talking soon.

Baby Q2 still seems to be growing good. I'm starting to get a bit of a tummy, mostly it pops out more on weekends for some reason. I went to a baby shower on Saturday and someone(that didn't know me or the fact that I'm preggo) asked if I knew what I was having yet, so it must have been a little obvious. I'm feeling much better now that I'm getting out of the first trimester. I still wake up pretty hungry, but at least it's normal hungry now, not nauseous hungry. And now, laundry and a toddler call.

2 comments:

  1. She does look grown up! Is she losing some of her baby cheeks, is that it? She had such cute hair, too! Jason looks good. How about an update picture of you and Q2? When do we hear if its a boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some awesome pictures of Jason and Sydney on the "neigh." Yay! I'm glad that you are feeling much better! It's wonderful to start feeling somewhat normal.

    ReplyDelete