We're about a month into summer and it is just flying by!
The kids spend a lot of time playing together(which is awesome!) I love seeing them become such good friends.
Sydney finally got her Elsa dress right before school ended. Target just happened to have one on a day we ran in, and then she actually got another one as a present from Miss Mena at graduation. I made her a cape to go with it. The girl seriously wishes she was the real Elsa.
One weekend we went to do a little shoe shopping for Jason and birthday shopping for my parents. We ended up at Rainforest Cafe after we were done. Logan was a bit scared of the 'storm' but otherwise the kids both loved it.Especially since there was a balloon artist going around. Sydney got a butterfly, and Logan got a horse.
Sydney loves to try to help Logan when he's sad. One day we was crying about something, so she gave him a sucker she'd gotten as a treat from a birthday party. She has grown up so much in the last year!
One day, I had to go to the distribution center at the Temple, where the kids got their own scriptures, and we walked around the outside for a little bit. Sydney was thrilled with every bit of it.
We also did a little summer shopping. We found the perfect vacation outfit for Sydney, which is her favorite because it is, of course, rainbows!
We also made mini S'mores pies when Jason was gone overnight for a work trip.
We've gone to the pool a few times. I found these floaties on clearance for $2 each several months ago. The kids LOVE them! Sydney has named hers Banillaby. Logan calls his Grager(aka dragon).
We went to the drive in one Friday night to see How To Train Your Dragon 2. It was really warm, and the kids weren't big fans of waiting until dark, but it was fun. We just threw a ton of pillows and quilts in the back of the van.
Last week we met up with some friends at a local inflatable play place.
Logan loves slides.
Sydney and her friend Justin. His mom and I just thought this was awesome. She climbed up behind Justin and didn't know where to hold on, so his mom just said to hold on to him. Budding romance perhaps?
Today we hit the summer dollar movie to see Epic. It was better than I expected and Logan loved all the guys and flying.
In a couple of weeks, I'll be having a minor surgery to get the cyst removed from my wrist. I went to a doctor last week who confirmed it's a cyst and laid out my options for me. The surgery has the highest chance that it will stay gone, so I'm really hoping for that. It aches a lot of the time and I can't flex it and put weight on it(like for push ups, or leaning on it).
We've also been contemplating moving. I would really love a house with a little more room, mostly an upstairs 'game room' as they call it here, to put all the toys. The market has been so hot here that everyone we know selling has sold within a couple of days of being listed, and we can sell for more than we thought. So we've been painting and fixing things up and looking for new places and we'll see what happens.
I think she's a cute Elsa, but her hair really screams Rapunzel! Keep us updated about the house!
ReplyDelete