Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Time!

Our pool opened on Memorial Day, and since it's been in the 90's, we had the Kendall's up for a BBQ and a swimming trip. I'm pretty sure Aunt Jenny is Sydney's favorite person to swim with. I sat with Logan in the shade and just watched. We forgot our camera, but I got these couple of pictures with my phone. They're not great, but better than I thought they'd be from across the pool!
Sydney really liked playing on the stairs.
And of course being thrown up in the air by Daddy.


One night last week, Jason went to the gym, and Logan was asleep, so Sydney and I took advantage of our porch and the nice weather and enjoyed some tiny ice cream cones.
Our little summer cuties.
"Mr. Charming" 6 weeks old-We weighed him on the Wii that day and it said he was 12 lbs already! He's wearing all 3 month size clothes now. My newborn is no more. 
We've also moved him into his crib instead of the pack and play by our bed. He sleeps through the night(10ish-6ish) about half the time, and the other half, he wakes up once around 3 or 4, so I figured it wouldn't be too hard to go into the next room once a night.
I had to laugh one day when Jason chose a shirt because my boys matched! Yep, pretty sure they're related.
 Logan is really liking to watch his sister. She gets quite a few smiles from him when they're on the floor together.
Sydney discovered this trick one night. My mom once turned her chin purple by putting a cup on it. Like grandma, like granddaughter?
We got Logan a new play gym last week. So far he hasn't done much but zone out on the little thing that plays music and flashes light. Yesterday I saw him batting at the rattle for the first time, and this morning he managed to grab it. Sydney enjoys it quite a bit too. She lays on it occasionally, but mostly likes to dance to the music.


 This is her dancing to it this morning. She likes to wiggle her bum like this. We call it her wiggle-waggle. I've wanted to get a video of it for a long time, but she never does it on camera. She just happened to do it this morning while I was snapping shots. It's pretty funny to see in person.

4 comments:

  1. They are getting so grown up! Logan and Jason's expressions in their orange shirts are so similar! Sydney is a doll! What a cute swimming suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so fun your pool is open and Sydney loves it! My kids love playing on the stairs too. Logan is getting so big and he is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the 90's sound wonderful! We're still in the high 50's/low 60's range. Logan is already 12 lbs!?! Our little guy was barely 11 lbs at 2 months. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loved this post. I feel so much more in tune with your family now. Logan is such a handsome young man, and I've got news for you, he IS still a newborn. I think you can call them newborns as long as you can cuddle and hold them all you want. when they start pushing/crawling away, then I have to concede that they are not my little baby anymore. Hold onto that as long as you can! They look so similar in the picture of them laying on the floor together, adorable.

    ReplyDelete