Monday, March 21, 2011

Rodeo!

I know Jason doesn't necessarily agree, but I think it's pretty awesome to live somewhere with a big-time, famous rodeo that comes to town. We never did make it last year, so when it came this year, I was adamant that we had to go. So Friday, Sydney and I met Jason down there and had some fun.
Mostly we took Sydney to see the kids area. She really liked the baby chicks, especially when they'd run back and forth in the cages.

 Sydney liked the bunnies too, but when a couple of little boys came to look at the bunnies, all her interest was in them instead.

 They have a couple of petting zoos that you can either go in for free, or pay a couple of bucks and feed the animals. We just went in to pet, but Sydney just wanted to look.
 She got down face-to-face with this pig, but when it stood up, suddenly her shoes were more interesting.
 Syd also followed the little brown goat for a minute and when it plopped down, so did she.
 She kept trying to take this piece of straw away from this goat.
 Just before we left the petting zoo, she suddenly decided it would be ok to pet a llama.

 Every time we go to the Rodeo, I have to try something deep fried. This year it was Deep Fried Cheesecake.(Is there really much of a surprise there?) I had no idea how it was going to work, but holy cow, was it delicious!! I don't know how they do it, but the cheesecake was still all creamy and not melted, and the crust it was in was all sweet and fried. Totally worth the $6!
 Saturday, some friends in our ward wanted to go to the rodeo with their older kids, but didn't want to take their 3 month old(not that I can blame them), so we babysat for them. Sydney loves babies, but apparently not when mom and dad are holding them all the time.


 After the initial assessment of the Katelyn, Sydney tried to poke her eyes a dozen times, steal her bottle, kick her in the face(on accident) and get on our laps and in between us and Katelyn at every possible opportunity. I had no idea she'd be so jealous! After Katelyn went home, Jason and I were sitting on the couch, Sydney climbed up and sat on our laps and kept giving us hugs and cuddles. We're hoping by the time we have a baby of our own she grows out of it a little.

2 comments:

  1. I love her pigtails! She is really used to all of the attention all of the time, but she'll adjust some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rodeo's too. I'm surprised it took her so long to want to pet the animals. I love the commentary on how quickly she's distracted. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete