Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Independence and other updates

One night last week, Sydney wouldn't eat unless she got to do it herself. Since she needed a bath anyway, I let her go at it. She thought it was pretty awesome.





Although I still can't figure out how she got food on the middle of her back...

I know this blog is mainly about Sydney because, let's face it, she's the most exciting one around here. But if you're curious about what Jason and I are up to...
I'm still in nursery, though Jason was released at the beginning of the year. Thankfully our numbers have dropped drastically this year because of all the kids that moved up to Sunbeams, but I still have 4 classes that come through my toy room. Sydney loves playing in there and when the kids line up to rotate, she's usually right up there at the front of the line ready to go with them. I'm hoping this means she'll do just fine when it's her turn to really go in May(Yikes!)
I went to the eye doctor last week, and I'm joining the rest of my near-sighted family and getting glasses(again). They'll mainly be for driving and night-time. 
I also get together with a bunch of girls from our ward once a month for Bunco night. Prior to joining the group I had never played, but I'm liking it. We rotate who hosts and everyone brings drinks, treats, candy, appetizers, or a prize. Jason thinks it protects my sanity to get out with the girls and I think he's kind of right.
Jason just finished some big projects at work that he's been dealing with for a while, so he's pretty pleased with things there. He's still just as in to basketball as ever(maybe even more so if that's possible) and he loves watching games with Sydney. She sits on his lap and tries to pump her hand in the air when he says "Go Jazz, go!" He also continues to do all the things around the house I tell him to do, including putting up curtains in the bedroom and going shopping for hours on end for real grown-up bedroom furniture. 

1 comment:

  1. You'll going to have some problems when Sydney starts cheering for the local teams! She is a great little eater!

    ReplyDelete