As we start this week, I have to wonder what else can possibly thrown at us at once. First, I'm starting to get restless from this bed rest thing. I'm having to use a lot of self control to keep myself from doing too much. Luckily, I feel pretty good, except when the baby sits low(which is most of the time) and kicks my hips.
Then there is the packing/closing/moving aspect, which I can do nothing for. Jason has today off for the holiday, so he's disassembled our table and is packing up as much as he can. He may have to tie me down, because I'm dying to do something to help. I feel kind of bad that I can't do the one thing I had planned on doing to help the moving process. We had our first walkthrough on the house last week, and everything is looking really good. Most of the things that need to be fixed are just cosmetic/clean up things. We'll have our final one this Wednesday, close Thursday, and move over the weekend.
Then last week our computer died. It started having issues when playing videos and would freeze up, now it won't even start up, so we are looking at building a desktop. In the meantime, we are using my old laptop, which just has the basics and the internet is pretty slow.
To top it all off, we had a storm rolling in yesterday so Jason looked out the window and noticed a large branch on the ground by his car, so he went out to check it out. It turns out, the branch appears to have fallen from the pine tree he was parked under and landed on the car. The windshield is cracked all over, and glass fell inside the car, and just above the windshield is all dented in, hard enough apparently to trigger the inner dome light and turn it on(Sorry there's no pictures. Without a real computer it's a little hard). After a little debating on what to do with it, we decided to try to minimize damage by getting it out of the rain, and the only way to do that was to take it to his work and leave it in the parking structure. We have a $1,000.00 deductible, but the insurance should cover the rest, hopefully.
Wish us luck as we tackle this crazy week.
This is a test, it is only a test! Can Nicole stay down? Can Jason handle all the stress and work out the details of building the new computer, fixing the car, packing, closing and moving? I think you can do it!
ReplyDeleteWas the car parked at the apartment? The apartment's insurance should help pay for things right? In only a couple weeks things will have to slow down...
ReplyDeleteGood luck! What crazy times, it will slow down soon. So sorry about the car and the bed rest, how frustraiting!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Jenny. Whoever owned the tree is the person at fault and they should have to pay for the repair not you guys. I'd talk to whoever the tree belongs too.
ReplyDelete