Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Progress

It seems like a lot of progress has been made the last day or two. First off, my tummy as of today...

Definitely growing! We go in a week from today to find out what we are having and I'm very excited about it!

A lot of progress has been made on our house already too. We decided to drive by it Sunday just to see and they had all the sheetrock, wiring, and the exterior done.We forgot the camera, but we went to the Design Center this morning to pick our upgrades and they had samples of all of our standard options. We took full advantage of our $6000.00 incentive the builder gave us to use on upgrades, and went a bit over that, but I can happily say we are getting everything we wanted in this house. Here's what we picked out.
This is our stone and brick. It turns out that the front is mostly stone, with just brick around our front window and garage. It shocked us at first, but I think we'll end up liking it quite a bit once the landscaping is done.

Our birch cabinets, Granite countertops, tile, and glass accent for the backsplash. We also are getting our sink mounted under the granite, the tile will be on a diagonal, and we upgraded to stainless steel appliances.

Our carpet. I think it's all going to look really good together. I'm very excited for the house to be done. Hopefully now that we have all this picked, it won't take too long. We still need a fridge, washer, and dryer, but hopefully, after looking around at them tonight, it won't take too long to figure out what we want at a decent price.

3 comments:

  1. I think that it's going to be awesome! I hope that it all gets finished and you still get to come and visit in September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stone, it will look awesome! You picked some great colors, how exciting!! I can't wait to hear what you are having, though mom already seems pretty convinced it's a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the house, baby, and being famous on the news!! So many good things happening, it sounds like!! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete